Purchasing A Pet
In order to answer some of the questions regarding the possible purchase
of a pet puppy I have compiled the following information.
Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.
- Puppies are evaluated at 8 weeks to determine whether they are pet or show prospects.
- Puppies typically go to their new homes at 8 weeks of age and will be wormed and have had a first puppy shot.
- All pet puppies are sold on a spay/neuter contract on a Limited AKC Registration.
- Owners are required to enroll puppy in a kindergarten class and an intermediate obedience class.
- Pet puppies sold on a breeding contract are required to be spayed after the contract is fulfilled,
unless both parties agree that another litter under the terms for the first litter is desired.
- Puppies are evaluated and matched by me to each family.
- The purchase price for pets is $2000.
If you are interested in a pet puppy, please include the following information in your initial inquiry.
I will keep your inquiry on file, but please do follow the web site and check back for pet puppy availability.
- What specifically are you looking for? Would you be willing to consider the other sex and color? A white puppy?
- Would you consider an adult dog?
- Do you own or rent your home?
- What type of dwelling?
- Do you have a fenced backyard?
- Is anyone home during the day?
- How many hours on the average will the puppy be left alone?
- Do you have children? If so, what ages are they?
- Have you owned a boxer before?
- If so, how long did it live?
- What did it die from?
- Have you ever had to give up a dog because of changes in your living situation, allergies, etc.? If so, please explain.
- How will a potential puppy be housed?
- Do you have any other dogs?
- What breed? What sex? What age? Are they fixed?
- Are your dogs inside or outside dogs?
- Are your dogs allowed the run of the house or are they restricted to certain part of the house?
- What do you expect the activity level of this breed to be?
- Please provide your name.
- Please provide your physical address.
- Who is your regular veterinarian? Please provide his name and phone number.
Please include any other information that you think would be helpful to inform me about the
type of home that you would provide for a potential puppy.
If you are mainly looking for a pet, but might consider showing and would like more information
regarding what type of commitment is involved, please include that in your email as well. Some basic
information can be accessed through the Purchasing A Show Puppy document.
Additional show information is available on the Handling page of this site.
Show homes are much more in demand, and if you are willing to make the commitment, a puppy may
be available for you sooner.